We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Before you can celebrate the arrival of your baby, you may want to pay tribute to your beautiful round belly by transforming into a work of art for a session of Belly painting.
Belly painting, what is it?
- Belly painting is a variant of the body painting, which consists of using the whole body, like a painting by painting it. This form of pictorial art is inspired by Aboriginal art, where body paintings are a means of communicating tribal and social status.
- The Belly painting, prenatal version of the body painting, consists of transforming the round belly of future mothers into a work of art.
- This highly developed practice in Australia and the United States is also emulated, like the baby shower, in our country.
Belly painting, what for?
- To have a moment just for you and let your creativity express itself.
- To have a beautiful memory of your pregnancy, by immortalising your beautifully rounded belly in a unique way and take the opportunity to take a picture to show later to your future baby.
Belly painting, how is it?
- Before the session, the artist who will make your Belly painting defines a preliminary project, a drawing made according to your desires, your personality, your tastes. You do not have to choose a reason that relates to your pregnancy: from the Russian doll to the reproduction of a Kandinsky painting. You decide.
- The session usually takes place in the 7th month, when your belly is round enough to be highlighted by the nice drawing.
- The session lasts between one and two hours, depending on the complexity of the chosen motif.
- The artist uses a water paint, hypoallergenic, intended specifically for the body.
- The ephemeral painting will have a lifespan of about 3 hours. The time to take the opportunity to organize a photo shoot or to go show off your beautifully painted belly.
Slideshow: belly painting ideas
Read also: how this dad did art with the belly of his wife